Effective Date: June 1, 2023
ZGS Inc., d/b/a Barbizon Lighting Company (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website barbizon.com (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy only applies to information we collect on this Website. It does not apply to information we collect offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), nor does it apply to information collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
The Website is not intended for children, and no one under the age of 16 is permitted to use the Website or to otherwise provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from anyone under the age of 16 without verification of parental or guardian consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about anyone under the age of 16, please contact us as described in the Contact Information section at the end of this policy.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including person information. For purposes of this policy, “personal information” means information concerning a natural person which, because of name, number, personal mark, identification number, location data, online identifier, one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person, or other identifier, can be used to identify such natural person, but only to the extent such information is (1) collected by us through the Website directly from the natural person in question; and (2) is maintained by us in an accessible form. Personal information includes (i) a first and last name, (ii) a home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town, (iii) an e-mail address, (iv) a telephone number, (v) a social security number, and (vi) employment related information consisting of resumes and applications.
Generally, you may browse the Website without being required to provide us any of your personal information. However, in some circumstances, we may request that you provide personal information. Although your response to such a request is completely voluntary, there are times when you may be required to provide personal information to us, such as when you contact us through the Website contact form or when you respond to job opportunities available with the Company. These functions may not be available to individuals who elect not to provide the information requested.
Specifically, we have collected the following categories of personal information within the preceding 12 months (note some examples may overlap with other categories):
A name, alias, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories.
In addition to the identifiers above, signature, state identification card number, physical characteristics or description, insurance policy number, education, employment or employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information; or medical information or health insurance information.
C. Protected classification characteristics.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
D. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, internet browser type, internet service provider, platform type, date/time stamps, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
E. Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
F. Non-public education information.
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. This may include information that you provide when filling in forms on the Website, registering for events, joining our Website’s mailing list or newsletter subscription, requesting services, or purchasing products.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, log files, clear gifs, web bugs and other tracking technologies.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies: A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user’s hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions.
The cookies set by the Website flag a user as having the Macromedia Flash plug-in; identify if the user has seen a particular cartoon sequence on main pages and provide business type information for content metrics on newsletter articles and news releases. If users reject the cookie, they may still use the Website, although some pages may not fully function. Persistent cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on the Website.
- Log Files: Like most standard Website servers, we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the Website, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personal information.
- Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs): We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on the Website by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of users. The main difference between the two is that clear gifs are invisible on the page and are much smaller, about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Clear gifs in the e-mail synopsis page of the newsletter are tied to users’ personal information, in that they pass a unique user ID back to the server to enable setting (or reading) a cookie.
In addition, we use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by the recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If users would like to opt-out of these emails, please see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
How We Use Your Information
We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, and clear gifs to create a composite profile of our users. Profile information stored includes as a minimum the name, e-mail address, business type and preferences on receiving information by e-mail (newsletter and news releases). Through the business type, this information is joined to newsletter content and news releases to record a composite view of specific business types’ content preferences. Profile information is used to tailor a user’s visit to our Web site, and to direct pertinent marketing promotions to them. Your profile is shared in aggregate form only.
We send all new members a welcoming email to verify profile information. Established members who have subscribed to the newsletter or news releases will receive regular mailings. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
On rare occasions, it is necessary to send out a strictly service-related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
In addition, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- Become more familiar with which customers visit the Website, how often they visit, and what parts of the Website they visit most often.
- Improve our web-based offerings and improve the overall quality of the online experience.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To contact and correspond with you for legal, marketing, and other business purposes.
- For responding to requests for service(s) or service information.
- For processing orders and conducting transactions.
- For record-keeping and archival purposes pursuant to applicable law.
- For promoting Website development.
- For customer service purposes.
- For promotional programs.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Further, from time to time, the Website requests information from users via surveys. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Anonymous survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Website. Users’ personal information is not shared with third parties unless we give prior notice and choice. Though we may use an intermediary to conduct these surveys or contests, they may not use users’ personal information for any secondary purposes.
If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in [the United States]. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. In that regard, your consent to such retention of your personal information remains valid after termination of our relationship with you. However, you may request to have your personal information deleted by contacting the Webmaster as described at the end of this policy.
Additionally, pursuant to your acceptance of this policy and by providing us with your contact information, you hereby acknowledge, agree, and consent to receiving communications from us via email, regular mail, telephone number, or other means, for purposes of, among other things:
- Receiving marketing material, promotional offers, events, and news related to us.
- To correspond with you regarding any transactions you may have completed or attempted to complete on the Website or otherwise with us.
Please note that your access or use of the Website or right to purchase products from us is not conditioned upon your consenting to receive e-mail communications from our Company, and that you may opt-out of receiving future e-mail communication from us (i) by contacting the [Data Protection Officer] as described at the end of this policy, or by (ii) clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any Company e-mail communication e-mailed to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction. When we do present aggregated information to unaffiliated third parties, no one will be able to identify or contact you.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To business partners, clients, contractors, service providers, sales agents, vendors, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To our legal representatives.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
We do not sell any personal information, but have shared the following categories of personal information in the preceding 12 months in accordance with this policy:
- Identifiers; and
- Personal information categories.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. In addition to your rights described later in this policy, we have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or a third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, by clicking the link at the bottom of any newsletters and promotional communications, or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to our [Data Protection Officer] as described at the end of this policy. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Third Party Content and Applications
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Website are served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers (“Third Party Content”). In addition, the Website may contain links to other third party websites (“Third Party Sites”). We provide these links merely as a convenience and the inclusion of such links does not imply an endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation by the Company of anything contained on Third Party Sites, or its products or services. We reserve the right to terminate any link at any time. Moreover, a Third Party Site may provide a link to this Website. This does not indicate an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, affiliation, joint venture, or partnership by or with the Company. In most cases, we are not aware that a third party has linked to this Website.
Furthermore, you acknowledge that we have no control over Third Party Content and Third Party Sites or the content thereof and are not responsible for any actions by such third parties or for their content. Accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that access to any Third Party Content and any Third Party Sites is at your own risk and the Company shall have no liability therefor.
We respect your legal rights as they pertain to your personal information. Specifically:
- You have the right to be informed. We publish this policy to keep you informed as to what we do with your personal information and strive to be transparent about how we use your information.
- You have the right to access your personal information. Please contact us as described in the Contact Information section at the end of this policy if you wish to access the personal information we hold about you.
- You have the right to rectification. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or not complete, you have the right to ask us to rectify it. If that information has been provided by us to a third party, then we must also ask them to rectify the information. Please contact us as described in the Contact Information section at the end of this policy if you need us to rectify your information.
- You have the right to be forgotten, also known as the right to erasure or deletion. If you want us to erase all of your personal information and we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact us as described in the Contact Information section at the end of this policy.
- You have the right to restrict processing. You may request that we restrict how we use your personal information unless there is a legal reason for denying such request. This means we are permitted to store the information but not further use it. We keep just enough information to make sure we respect your request in the future. If you want us to restrict the processing and use of your information, please contact us as described in the Contact Information section at the end of this policy.
- You have the right to data portability. When required by applicable law, we allow you to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across services in a safe and secure way without this affecting the usability of your information. Please contact us as described in the Contact Information section at the end of this policy if you need help porting your data elsewhere.
- You have the right to object. You have the right to object to us using your personal information when your information is used for the public interest, for one of our legitimate interests, for direct marketing purposes, or for statistical purposes. If you wish to object, please contact us as described in the Contact Information section at the end of this policy.
- You have the right to withdraw consent. If you have given us your consent to process your personal information but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and we must stop using your information if such use is based on your consent. If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact us as described in the Contact Information section at the end of this policy.
- You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising your rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under applicable law.
- You have the right to complain to the appropriate Data Protection Authority. Each Member State of the European Union appoints one or more Data Protection Authorities to implement and enforce data protection law in that Member State. If you are located in a Member State of the European Union, you have the right to complain to the appropriate Data Protection Authority if you feel that we have not responded to your requests to solve a problem.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we make efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Other than the personal information you provide to us during the course of using the Website, any material, information, or other communication you transmit or post to our Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary (“Communications”). Except as otherwise provided by applicable law that cannot be waived, we will have no obligations with respect to the Communications. Accordingly, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Communications will not be entitled to any security or privacy protection by us and that we have no obligation to protect the security or privacy of Communications. The Company and its designees will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate, and otherwise use the Communications and all data, images, sounds, text, and other things embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes.
This policy became effective as of the date set forth above. We reserve the right to make changes to this policy from time to time. We will update the effective date posted at the top of this webpage and post an updated policy for any changes we make. Any changes to this policy are effective immediately after being posted. We recommend that all visitors and users of this Website re-visit this policy page occasionally to learn of any new privacy practices or changes to our policy. Your continued use of this Website constitutes an act of acceptance of any changes to this policy.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints regarding this policy or to exercise any of your rights listed above, please contact our Webmaster.
Method 1 Telephone – 866-502-2724
Method 2 Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Method 3 Mail – Barbizon Lighting Company, 643 11th Avenue, New York, NY 10036
We cannot respond to your request or provide you or your authorized agent with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.