Barbizon Lighting Company’s regional office located in Atlanta, GA, is hiring for a full-time Technical Service & Sales Technician. This full-time position offers a great opportunity to work in an exciting, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment. We specialize in theatrical/stage lighting and TV Studio production with an ever-growing focus on architectural and creative lighting solutions. Applicants should enjoy a challenge and learning something new every day. We are a company built on quality and excellence and are always looking for new talent.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, testing, and upgrade/retrofit of dimming and lighting control systems
- Troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, testing, and upgrade of production lighting equipment
- Technical maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of technical systems
- Maintain a clean and organized service space
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to customers over the phone
- Work with Technical Service Coordinator to order parts, update status and close out repairs.
- Generate, maintain and organize related files
- Deliver goods to technicians in the field as needed
- Perform system commissioning tasks as needed
- Perform End-user training as needed
- Develop Technical Service Sales Opportunities thru
- Customer follow up
- Customer outreach
- Determining new Service opportunities.
- Receive shipment and process receipt
- Stock items as needed
- Communicate damages and discrepancies between packing slips and orders
- Pulls materials for orders, packs, and routes them as necessary
- Processes shipments, creates packing slips and shipping labels
Skills & Attributes
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-motivated but able to collaborate with others
- Ability to prioritize and work well with time constraints. Knowledgeable in Entertainment lighting and repair
- Has good communication skills
- Ability to lift 70lbs.
- Theater or film equipment knowledge Understanding of basic electronics
- Use of a Multi Meter
- Use of antistatic mat and electrostatic dissipation Understanding of power
- AC v DC
- Standard voltage ranges
- Safe practices when dealing with voltage. Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite
- Computer Literate with Data Entry Experience
The salary range for a Service Technician & Sales position at Barbizon Lighting’s Atlanta location is currently $45K to $60K per annum, depending upon experience. Please be aware that extensive industry experience or specific skills that fully match or exceed what is required may also increase this range to compensate for that expanded expertise. We strongly encourage all to apply.
In addition to the base pay listed here, Barbizon offers a generous compensation package including medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, profit share, and a matching 401k Plan at no cost to the employee. Barbizon’s healthcare benefits are fully funded by the Company for all full-time employees and their dependents.
Barbizon also offers a host of voluntary ancillary benefits that include affordable vision, pet insurance, additional life insurance, Flexible Spending Plan, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and Benefits VIP, a dedicated advocacy group that can help employees and their family members resolve benefits issues.
Barbizon offers fully paid vacation, sick/personal time, and an additional ten paid holidays.
Barbizon Lighting Company’s largest shareholder is our employee group, which currently owns 51% of the company via an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (“ESOP”). An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan that extends beneficial ownership of the business to its employees at no cost to the plan participant.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Barbizon Lighting provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.