Barbizon Lighting is seeking a full-time Salesperson to join our Systems team in New York and help us drive sales growth.
The Systems Division works within the entertainment and construction industries and specializes in the design and integration of lighting and rigging systems for broadcast studios, theaters, educational institutions, themed environments, government facilities, and a wide variety of architectural applications such as building facades, spires, bridges, and many others.
- Generate profitable sales of Barbizon’s products and services by actively engaging with industry clients through inside and outside sales efforts
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, vendors, and contractors, fostering long-term partnerships
- Utilize and expand knowledge base of products, applications, and paths to market to better serve clients and identify new business opportunities.
- Professionally represent the Systems Division by showcasing our capabilities and expertise to potential clients in a personable, friendly, and professional manner.
- Prepare accurate quotations and bills of material in response to project requirements.
- Identify and pursue projects, leading pricing discussions, contract negotiations, and terms of sale to secure profitable agreements.
- Utilize effective sales strategies and tactics to maximize profit margins and achieve sustainable revenue growth.
- Respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), consultant bids, and design-build proposals.
- Monitor market dynamics, competitor activities, and industry trends to identify and communicate new market opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with internal project management teams to ensure seamless project execution and customer satisfaction.
- Market our company, products, and services to prospective clients, effectively communicating the value we bring to their projects.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales activities, customer interactions, and opportunities.
Required skills and qualifications include:
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- A clear understanding of the installation, operation, and integration of lighting and rigging systems.
- Ability to sell with integrity and to close sales successfully.
- Awareness and understanding of industry politics to navigate industry dynamics successfully.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and vendors.
- Understanding of construction plans and documentation.
- Ability to learn quickly, retain information, and think critically on your feet.
- Experience with Sales and project management in related industries is a plus.
The salary range for a Systems Salesperson at Barbizon Lighting’s New York, NY, location is currently $60K to $90K per annum, depending upon experience. Please be aware extensive lighting or construction industry experience or specific skills that fully match or exceed what is required may, in fact, also increase this range to compensate for that expanded expertise. We strongly encourage all to apply.
In addition to the base pay listed here, Barbizon offers a generous compensation package, including medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, profit share, and a matching 401k Plan at no cost to full-time employees. The Barbizon also fully funds healthcare benefits for all full-time employees’ dependents.
Barbizon also offers various voluntary ancillary benefits that include affordable vision, pet insurance, additional life insurance, Flexible Spending Plan, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and Benefits VIP, a dedicated advocacy group that can help employees and their family members resolve benefits issues.
Barbizon offers fully paid vacation, sick/personal time, and ten additional paid holidays.
Barbizon Lighting Company’s largest shareholder is our employee group, which currently owns 51% of the company via an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (“ESOP”). An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan that extends beneficial business ownership to employees at no cost to the participant.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Barbizon Lighting provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. It prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. To ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title 1 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Barbizon Lighting’s Corporate HR Department at 643 11th Avenue, New York, NY 10036.
To apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.