Barbizon Lighting’s office in Alexandria, VA is looking for a full-time Systems Integrator for our Systems Division.
Barbizon’s Systems Division specializes in Design and Integration of Lighting and Rigging Systems for theatres, broadcast facilities, themed environments, bridges, buildings – you name it.
The Systems Integrator is a creative problem solver with experience in entertainment lighting and rigging as well as a thorough knowledge of technical production. They will meet with clients, ask productive, penetrating questions and listen carefully to the answers in order to gain a deep understanding of the client’s mission and objectives. They will then design and contract a solution that meets or exceeds the client’s mission from operational, logistical, and financial perspectives.
- Identify project opportunities, develop and implement strategies to place Barbizon in the best position possible to earn the client’s trust and ultimately the right to perform the work
- Design, specify and contract innovative and efficient solutions to our client’s lighting, rigging, and control challenges
- Respond to requests for design-build projects, project proposals, and bids in both public and private sectors
- Generate sales of products and services offered by Barbizon Lighting
- Coordinate project work and installation with Barbizon’s project management and technician teams
Required skills include:
- Extensive knowledge of entertainment lighting and rigging systems
- Understanding of the integration and installation of lighting and rigging systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven sales and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project planning skills
- Strong technical background in theater and/or broadcast environments
- Understanding of construction documentation preferred
The salary range for a Systems Integrator at Barbizon Lighting’s Alexandria,VA location is currently $65K to $80K per annum, depending upon experience. Please be aware extensive lighting industry experience or specific skills that fully match or exceed what is required, may in fact also increase this range to compensate for that expanded expertise. We strongly encourage all to apply.
In addition to the base pay listed here, Barbizon offers a generous compensation package including medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, profit share, and a matching 401k Plan at no cost to the employee. Barbizon’s healthcare benefits are fully funded by the Company for all full-time employees and their dependents.
Barbizon also offers a host of voluntary ancillary benefits that include affordable vision, pet insurance, additional life insurance, Flexible Spending Plan, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and Benefits VIP, a dedicated advocacy group that can help employees and their family members resolve benefits issues.
Barbizon offers fully paid vacation, sick/personal time, and an additional ten paid holidays.
Barbizon Lighting Company’s largest shareholder is our employee group, who currently owns 51% of the company via an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (“ESOP”). An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan that extends beneficial ownership of the business to its employees, at no cost to the plan participant.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Barbizon Lighting provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.