Barbizon Light of New England, located in Woburn, MA, seeks a full-time Systems Integrator to join our team.
Barbizon’s Systems Division specializes in designing and integrating Lighting and Rigging Systems for theatre, broadcast facilities, themed environments, bridges, museums – you name it.
The Systems Integrator is a creative problem solver with experience in entertainment lighting and rigging and a thorough knowledge of technical production. They meet with clients, ask productive, penetrating questions, and listen carefully to the answers to gain a deep understanding of the client’s mission and objectives. They then design and integrate a solution that meets or exceeds the client’s mission from an operational, logistical, and financial perspective.
- Identify project opportunities
- Develop and implement strategies to place Barbizon in the best position possible to earn the client’s trust and ultimately, the right to perform the work
- Design, integrate, and sell innovative and efficient solutions to our client’s lighting, rigging, and control challenges
- Respond to requests for design-build projects, project proposals, and bids in the public and private sectors
- Generate sales of products and services offered by Barbizon Lighting
- Work closely with Barbizon’s project management and technical service teams as they execute the installation and startup of lighting and rigging systems
Required skills include:
- Strong technical background in theatre and/or broadcast environments
- Extensive knowledge of entertainment lighting and rigging systems
- Able to design, layout and integrate lighting and rigging systems, understanding how they will be sold, delivered and installed
- Excellent project planning skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Proven sales cultivation and closing skills
- Understanding of construction documentation
The salary range for a Systems Integrator at Barbizon Lighting’s Woburn, MA, location is currently $65K to $80K per annum, depending upon experience. A starting salary above the current range may be considered for candidates with extensive and/or unique lighting industry experience or expertise. We strongly encourage all to apply.
In addition to the base pay listed here, Barbizon offers a generous compensation package, including medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, profit share, and a matching 401k plan at no cost to the employee. Barbizon’s healthcare benefits are fully funded by the Company for all full-time employees and their dependents.
Barbizon also offers a host of voluntary ancillary benefits that include affordable vision, pet insurance, additional life insurance, Flexible Spending Plan, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and Benefits VIP, a dedicated advocacy group that can help employees and their family members resolve benefits issues.
Barbizon offers fully paid vacation, sick/personal time, and an additional ten paid holidays.
Barbizon Lighting Company’s largest shareholder is our employee group, which currently owns 51% of the company via an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (“ESOP”). An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan that extends beneficial ownership of the business to its employees at no cost to the plan participant.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Barbizon Lighting provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.