Barbizon Lighting Company’s office in Chicago, IL is looking for a full-time Service Technician for immediate hire. This full-time position offers a great opportunity to work in an exciting, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment. We specialize in theatrical/stage lighting and TV Studio production with an ever-growing focus on architectural and creative lighting solutions. Applicants should enjoy a challenge and learning something new every day. We are a company built on quality and excellence and are always looking for new talent.
Barbizon Chicago needs people with skill, experience, and organization. As a Barbizon Service Technician you’ll:
- Prepare and start up new stage & studio lighting systems
- Provide field service for existing lighting systems and equipment
- Provide technical phone support during and after business hours
- Train customers on new lighting equipment
- Triage and repair lighting equipment in house
- Acquire and maintain ETC ASP and other factory certifications
- Provide excellent external and internal customer service
- Advise systems integrators on system specification
- Evaluate project site conditions and status
- Impress customers, contractors, and passersby with your cool, collected confidence
Required Skills Include:
- Strong understanding of installation, operation and integration of entertainment and architectural lighting control systems
- Clear grasp of DMX and network control configurations and wiring topologies
- Able to read and understand schematics and mechanical drawings
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written skills
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office 365
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Background in Live Production, Broadcast or Film Production Industries
- Available to travel to jobsites for extended periods (2 or more days)
- Knowledge of electrical safety
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Able to lift 50lbs safely
- Able to work at height
The salary range for a Service Technician at Barbizon Lighting’s Chicago, IL location is currently $50K to $65K per annum, depending upon experience. Extensive industry experience or specific skills that fully match or exceed what is required may increase this range. We strongly encourage all to apply.
In addition to the base pay listed here, Barbizon offers a generous compensation package, including medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, profit share, and a matching 401k Plan at no cost to the employee. Barbizon’s healthcare benefits are fully funded by the Company for all full-time employees and their dependents.
Barbizon also offers a host of voluntary ancillary benefits that include affordable vision, pet insurance, additional life insurance, Flexible Spending Plan, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and Benefits VIP, a dedicated advocacy group that can help employees and their family members resolve benefits issues.
Barbizon offers fully paid vacation, sick/personal time, and an additional ten paid holidays.
Barbizon Lighting Company’s largest shareholder is our employee group, which currently owns 51% of the company via an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (“ESOP”). An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan that extends beneficial ownership of the business to its employees at no cost to the plan participant.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Barbizon Lighting provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.