Barbizon Lighting Company’s office in Woburn, MA is looking for a full-time Service Technician for immediate hire. This full-time position offers a great opportunity to work in an exciting, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment. We specialize in theatrical/stage lighting and TV Studio production with an ever-growing focus on architectural and creative lighting solutions. Applicants should enjoy a challenge and learning something new every day. We are a company built on quality and excellence and are always looking for new talent.
Barbizon Light of New England in Woburn, MA needs that skill, experience, and organization. As a Barbizon Service Technician you’ll:
- Provide excellent external and internal customer service
- Advise systems integrators on system design
- Evaluate project site conditions and status
- Provide efficient and effective telephone support for our customers
- Troubleshoot, repair, and upgrade lighting equipment and related controls
- Impress customers, contractors, and passersby with your cool, collected confidence
Required Skills Include:
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong aptitude with mechanical and electrical systems
- Knowledge of analog and digital control techniques
- Understanding of Network protocols (DMX, RDM, etc)
- Knowledge of high-voltage safety
- The ability to read and understand schematics and mechanical drawings
- Exceptional verbal and written skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Background in Film, Theater, or Broadcast Industries
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
The salary range for a Service Technician at Barbizon Lighting’s Woburn, MA location is currently $50K to $65K per annum, depending upon experience. Please be aware extensive industry experience or specific skills that fully match or exceed what is required may in fact, also increase this range to compensate for that expanded expertise. We strongly encourage all to apply.
In addition to the base pay listed here, Barbizon offers a generous compensation package, including medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, profit share, and a matching 401k Plan at no cost to full-time employees. The Barbizon also fully funds healthcare benefits for all full-time employees’ dependents.
Barbizon also offers various voluntary ancillary benefits that include affordable vision, pet insurance, additional life insurance, Flexible Spending Plan, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and Benefits VIP, a dedicated advocacy group that can help employees and their family members resolve benefits issues.
Barbizon offers fully paid vacation, sick/personal time, and ten additional paid holidays.
Barbizon Lighting Company’s largest shareholder is our employee group, which currently owns 51% of the company via an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (“ESOP”). An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan that extends beneficial business ownership to employees at no cost to the participant.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Barbizon Lighting provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. It prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. To ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title 1 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Barbizon Lighting’s Corporate HR Department at 643 11th Avenue, New York, NY 10036.
To apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.