Barbizon Lighting supplies professional lighting equipment, design, and integration for the Theater, TV, Film, and other industries. Barbizon Lighting Company is a leader in the industry with offices throughout the US. It is a national corporation with a small company atmosphere. For more information, you can go to www.barbizon.com.
We have an immediate opening in Alexandria, VA for a full-time Project Manager to join our Systems team of Integrators, Project Managers and Technicians, who can work within the construction community and coordinate the installation of theatrical lighting and rigging equipment for permanent installations. You will partner with manufacturers, contractors, and consultants to execute contract work, layout system designs, review construction documents, track progress and attend/coordinate job site meetings.
Primary responsibilities of a Project Manager include:
- Quality and cost control of project through to project closeout
- Coordination and sequencing with all trades, manufacturers, and end-users
- Primary contact for vendors, subcontractors, and customers
- Assist in creating bids and quotes for Systems sales
- Oversee submittal drawings, scheduling, and purchase orders
- Oversee all phases of Systems projects
- Use of project management software
- Preparation of project profitability reports
- Invoice customers according to payment terms
- Manage and maintain all project binders and related drawings
Qualified candidates will have:
- Five or more years experience in project management in the field of technical theater, TV, or construction
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and must adapt easily to different software
- Prior theatrical dimming/control experience
- Management or accounting experience is a plus
- Current valid driver’s license
The salary range for a Project Manager at Barbizon Lighting’s Alexandria, VA location is currently $60K to $85K per annum, depending upon experience. Please be aware extensive industry experience or specific skills that fully match or exceed what is required, may in fact also increase this range to compensate for that expanded expertise. We strongly encourage all to apply.
In addition to the base pay listed here, Barbizon offers a generous compensation package including medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, profit share, and a matching 401k Plan at no cost to the employee. Barbizon’s healthcare benefits are fully funded by the Company for all full-time employees and their dependents.
Barbizon also offers a host of voluntary ancillary benefits that include affordable vision, pet insurance, additional life insurance, Flexible Spending Plan, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and Benefits VIP, a dedicated advocacy group that can help employees and their family members resolve benefits issues.
Barbizon offers fully paid vacation, sick/personal time, and an additional ten paid holidays.
Barbizon Lighting Company’s largest shareholder is our employee group, who currently owns 51% of the company via an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (“ESOP”). An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan that extends beneficial ownership of the business to its employees, at no cost to the plan participant.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Barbizon Lighting provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.