Barbizon Lighting Company has an immediate opening for a full-time Regional Sales Manager for our Northeastern Region (Barbizon’s New York City, Boston, and Chicago offices.) This candidate shall be based in either our New York City or Boston offices.
For over 75 years, the Barbizon Lighting Company continues to be the world’s leading provider of entertainment lighting systems and products – specializing in the integration, sale, installation, and service of lighting, rigging, and control equipment for television, film, live productions, performing arts, themed environments, houses of worship, and architecture. From Barbizon’s multiple locations in North America and Europe, we provide industry-leading solutions for our full range of customers. Known as the industry leader, Barbizon boasts an uncontested range of experience, time-tested relationships with product manufacturers, and a first-class team of professionals integrating and managing lighting projects from the simple to the complex. Headquartered in New York City, Barbizon represents hundreds of manufacturers and transacts business worldwide.
Position Overview: The Northeast Regional Sales Manager leads and develops a successful sales team and ensures exceptional customer service in the Barbizon Lighting Company’s Products and Expendables department. They will provide direction and support to the Sales Department, working closely with the Director of Sales and Director of Operations to develop and implement effective sales and marketing strategies. They will be responsible for setting clear objectives, meeting budget targets, and ensuring proper execution of company policies and guidelines. In addition, they will play a key role in motivating and coaching the sales team, building a positive and productive work environment, and contributing to the company’s overall success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a business plan and strategies to maintain existing customers, attract new customers, and increase sales volume and profitability.
- Ensure exceptional customer service to existing key accounts.
- Review and approve orders within established guidelines to ensure accurate information is being provided to customers.
- Manage the day-to-day sales activities, providing leadership to the sales team.
- Coordinate communication across departments (Accounting, Warehouse, Purchasing, etc.) to facilitate a smooth operational process in coordination with the Director of Operations.
- Work with Accounting to manage cash flow, financial reporting, and revenue/expenses.
- Provide continuous training and ensure the department complies with all company policies and guidelines in coordination with the Director of Eastern Region of Sales and Director of Operations.
- Improve product knowledge and sales skills through ongoing training for all sales personnel.
- Review sales activity of existing office accounts, analyzing sales and operational records, reports, profitability, and overall strategy for the sales department.
- Acts as a company representative and attends trade shows. Creates and implements sales opportunities through seminars, open houses, trade associations, etc. to generate new business.
- Provide sales quotas to sales representatives.
- Prepare and host weekly sales meetings.
- Lead the sales team by determining customer pricing, discounts, incentives, etc., and creating individual sales action plans for each sales representative.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of sales quarterly action plans.
- Motivate, coach, and mentor the sales team, building a positive and productive work environment.
- Organize and coordinate operations in ways that ensure maximum profitability and productivity.
- Contribute to the company’s overall success by fostering teamwork and collaboration among team members.
- Hire, train, develop, and evaluate new employees in coordination with the Director of HR, Director of Eastern Region of Sales, and Director of Operations.
- Travel as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and direct the sales team to achieve sales goals.
- Proficient in proven sales strategies and methods.
- Visionary and forward-thinking mindset to create new sales strategies.
- Detail-oriented and goal-focused with excellent time management skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with customers and coworkers.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and able to communicate effectively with the sales team and coworkers.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet sales targets.
- Excellent initiative, self-discipline, and decision-making skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills, with the ability to build a positive and productive team and work environment.
- The ability to effectively learn and utilize new software applications as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least five years of sales experience in the entertainment field and/or retail/customer service-oriented positions.
- 5 or more years in a leadership role managing sales representatives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365, experience with Salesforce or other CRMs are preferred but not required.
The salary range for a Regional Sales Manager of Barbizon Lighting’s Northeast Region is currently $110K to $125K annually, depending upon experience. Please be aware extensive industry experience or specific skills that fully match or exceed what is required may, in fact, also increase this range to compensate for that expanded expertise. We strongly encourage all to apply.
In addition to the base pay listed here, Barbizon offers a generous compensation package, including medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, profit share, and a matching 401k Plan at no cost to full-time employees. The Barbizon also fully funds healthcare benefits for all full-time employees’ dependants.
Barbizon also offers various voluntary ancillary benefits that include affordable vision, pet insurance, additional life insurance, Flexible Spending Plan, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and Benefits VIP, a dedicated advocacy group that can help employees and their family members resolve benefits issues.
Barbizon offers fully paid vacation, sick/personal time, and an additional ten paid holidays.
Barbizon Lighting Company’s largest shareholder is our employee group, which currently owns 51% of the company via an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (“ESOP”). An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan that extends beneficial business ownership to employees at no cost to the participant.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Barbizon Lighting provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. To ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title 1 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Barbizon Lighting’s Corporate HR Department at 643 11th Avenue, New York, NY 10036.
To apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.