Barbizon Lighting Company’s office in Denver, CO, is seeking a full-time Field Service Technician for immediate hire. This full-time position offers a great opportunity to work in an exciting, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment. We specialize in theatrical/stage lighting and TV Studio production with an ever-growing focus on architectural and creative lighting solutions. Applicants should enjoy a challenge and learning something new every day. We are a company built on quality and excellence and are always looking for new talent. This position will be based in Denver with travel likely throughout Barbizon Lighting’s western territory.
- Customer service via phone and email for lighting equipment
- Installation, commissioning, and programming of new lighting control systems
- Provide training for end-users and colleagues
- Troubleshooting, service, and support for lighting control systems and fixtures
- Generate, maintain, and organize related files
- Maintain factory certification with Barbizon’s industry partners
- Stay up to date on industry trends and manufacturer product offerings
- Advise systems integrators on system design
- Evaluate project site conditions and status
Skills & Attributes
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of entertainment lighting and rigging
- Understanding of standard control protocols (DMX, RDM, sACN, etc)
- The ability to read and understand schematics and mechanical drawings
- Familiarity with computer networking
- Self-motivated but able to collaborate with others
- Strong aptitude with mechanical and electrical systems
- Ability to prioritize and work well with time constraints
- Interpersonal, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in communication with a broad range of personnel and personality types.
- Comfortable working in active construction sites and other high-pressure environments.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Background in Film, Theater, or Broadcast Industries
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and Bluebeam or other CAD software
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Safe practices when dealing with high voltages
- Computer literate with data entry experience
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Barbizon is an international corporation with a small company atmosphere. The base wage for this position is $30/hour, with the opportunity for overtime as project requirements dictate. Please be aware extensive industry experience or specific skills that fully match or exceed what is required may, in fact, also increase this range to compensate for that expanded expertise.
In addition to the base pay listed here, Barbizon offers a generous compensation package, including medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, profit share, and a matching 401k Plan at no cost to the employee. Barbizon’s healthcare benefits are fully funded by the Company for all full-time employees and their dependents.
Barbizon also offers a host of voluntary ancillary benefits that include affordable vision, pet insurance, additional life insurance, Flexible Spending Plan, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and Benefits VIP, a dedicated advocacy group that can help employees and their family members resolve benefits issues.
Barbizon offers fully paid vacation, sick/personal time, and an additional ten paid holidays.
Barbizon Lighting Company’s largest shareholder is our employee group, which currently owns 51% of the company via an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (“ESOP”). An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan that extends beneficial ownership of the business to its employees at no cost to the plan participant.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Barbizon Lighting provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. It prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com