- Work with Project Managers during all phases of Systems projects including quality and cost control from submittal through closeout.
- Delivery of equipment and supervision of onsite labor.
- Prepare and test equipment prior to installation.
- Assist with the creation of equipment schedules, submittals, submittal drawings, delivery tracking, operations and maintenance manuals, and as-built documentation.
- Work with end-users on training and troubleshooting.
- Experience in Technical Theatre, Industrial Technology, Engineering, Construction or related field with relevant work experience in theatrical or broadcast venues.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to problem solve in a dynamic and high-pressure environment as a part of a project team that includes internal and external personnel.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Prior experience with theatrical rigging systems, computerized lighting control, theatrical dimming systems, and control interfaces.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of computer networks required including Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office. Experience with AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks and LightWright is recommended, but not required.
- Familiarity with reading and interpreting construction drawings.
- Experience with safe shop fabrication techniques.
- Reliable personal vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to drive 24’ non-CDL truck.
- Able to lift 75 pounds, climb ladders/ steps to heights.
- Comfortable working at heights in excess of 50ft when accessed safely.
- Proficiency in Spanish is strongly encouraged but not required.
The salary range for an Assistant Project Manager at Barbizon Lighting’s Alexandria, VA location is currently $50K to $65K per annum, depending upon experience. Please be aware extensive industry experience or specific skills that fully match or exceed what is required may in fact, also increase this range to compensate for that expanded expertise. We strongly encourage all to apply.
In addition to the base pay listed here, Barbizon offers a generous compensation package, including medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, profit share, and a matching 401k Plan at no cost to the employee. Barbizon’s healthcare benefits are fully funded by the Company for all full-time employees and their dependents.
Barbizon also offers a host of voluntary ancillary benefits that include affordable vision, pet insurance, additional life insurance, Flexible Spending Plan, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and Benefits VIP, a dedicated advocacy group that can help employees and their family members resolve benefits issues.
Barbizon offers fully paid vacation, sick/personal time, and an additional ten paid holidays.
Barbizon Lighting Company’s largest shareholder is our employee group, who currently owns 51% of the company via an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (“ESOP”). An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan that extends beneficial ownership of the business to its employees, at no cost to the plan participant.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Barbizon Lighting provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.